Friday, January 8, 2010

The First and Last Christmas Song of January

Editor's Note: It seems I'm having to make apologies to a LOT of songwriters these days. Anyway, channel the tune for "Silent Night" and sing along. Quietly, if you have kids in bed.

Oh, and Franz Gruber, you sweet German songwriter, thanks for my favorite hymn of all times....

Silent Night, Holy Cripe!
All is calm and it's only nine.

Mike is safely away at a MAVS game.
I'm all comfy in my pj's.

Christ's watching over us alllllll.
Christ's watching over us alllllll.

Silent Night, Holy Cripe!
When my kids are asleep I haven't a gripe.

Early in the morning time I will be up.
They will wonder aloud "When will we sup?"

I feel the headache nowwww.
I feel the headache nowwww.

Silent Night, Holy Cripe!
"School starts today" isn't hype.

The songwriter who said "Mom and Dad can hardly wait..."
Obviously had kids younger than eight.

Joy! Peace! Bliss! And sanityyyyy.
School is open again!


And to my darling, angels of children: One day, when you get married and become Daddies, you'll get this little ditty and laugh at how witty your Mother is.

Sadly, you'll have to come to the sanatorium to tell me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment