Thursday, April 1, 2010

Great News!

We just couldn't wait to announce this to all our friends and family and figured this would be an excellent way to let everyone know quickly: WE'RE PREGNANT!

Yes, this is as much of a shock to us as it probably is to you. I'm about to turn 44 and Mike has had a vasectomy.

As I've jokingly told Mike over the years, "I'm a Mom. I run three carpools, cook three squares a day, semi-clean the house, occasionally do laundry, and get a shower when I start to reek. In that shower, I shave my legs and pits about once a quarter. I have absolutely NO TIME to have an affair. And, by gosh, no energy."

In other words, this is most definitely a product of Mike and Jill Nowell.

We hope to welcome our bundle of joy into this world around February next year. I'm praying that s/he doesn't clock in at 9 pounds, 13 ounces like his/her older brother, The Babe.

And, if you've bought this line of cock and bull, need I remind you that the only baby being born to us any time soon is the one screamed from my mouth, near the slots in Vegas. As in: "YEAH, BABY! I just hit the jackpot."

Happy April Fool's Day everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I fell for that. I literally almost peed myself when I read it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That about beats the comment my friend's mother made when she found out, after 10 years of "natural" trying for a second, that she actually was pregnant. Her mother said "I think I'm going to have diarrhea." :)

    ReplyDelete