Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Addictions of the TV Kind

If you aren't addicted to the TV show 24, good for you. I'm not that lucky.

I'm hopelessly hooked on the comings and goings of Jack Bauer. I even identify the guy in the Allstate commercials as "MY President".*

And today, I learned, that 24 is coming to an end in just a few, short hours.

I almost cried. And I am worried sick about the state of terrorism in our country once Kiefer Sutherland stops portraying Jack and kicking the collective arses of goons from every corner of the world who are trying to blow us up, bomb us out, shoot us sky high, etc.

I understand they are making a movie, but it just won't be the same. My Monday nights, for the past eight years, revolved around Jack. My Thursdays around ER.

I've already lost ER and now this??? I'm not sure I can take it. What are the executives at NBC and FOX trying to do? Kill ME?

So, if you've never watched 24 and decide you'd like to catch it on DVD, please call me up and I'll sit with you through all 192 episodes so you, too, can share in the misery of 24 going away.

And if you call me in the next month on a Monday night and I'm crying like a baby? Just blame Jack.


*Truly, one of the saddest days in the history of the show was the day we lost President Palmer. If that dude had run for President in real life, he would have gotten my vote.

3 comments:

  1. kindred spirits. Papa Bear is out of town this week, and I have to wait to watch it until he gets back. Kinda like asking a junkie to wait a few days for a hit. It's killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd be sneaking, P.

    No offense, J, but ditching town during one of Jack's finest hours all season long? Just all kinds of wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean, Jack narrowly escaped death, AGAIN? Shocking. Truly shocking!!

    ReplyDelete