Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Do I Really Have To?

As I am often wont to do, I am typing in my pjs.  At 11:41am.  At the kitchen table.

If the FedEx guy should happen to show up at the door and need a signature?  The package will have to be redelivered.  I ain't showing him my flannels.

See, I'm going through the bag of stuff I took on vacation.  Which, as usual, was overstuffed.  Overstuffed with stuff I thought I'd get to.  But, as usual too, I didn't.*

I blazed through a record four magazines/catalogs, clipping as I went.  And one of the articles that caught my eye mentioned a woman I hadn't caught up with in a blue moon.  Fly Lady.

For those of you unfamiliar, Fly Lady helps you keep your abode clean by giving you a daily task in your house that takes about 15 minutes.  The house is divided into zones and you attack a new zone daily, thereby increasing the likelihood that you will "touch" every part of your house over a period of time.

I've known about this website for quite a while now.  But, true to form, I lost track of the website, then I lost her name in the neuron passages in my brain.  And, finally, I just stopped thinking about it.

My house can attest to that last paragraph.

But, that's really not why I write all of this.  It's the following, when I signed on, that seemed like a message from God Almighty:

And I quote Fly Lady "Finding Your Path Starts With Getting Dressed!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or duck for cover since thunderstorms are eminent today.

I guess I'm going to take that as a sign.  Instead of sitting around sporting nightwear, I'm going to actually put on clothing that I can answer the door in. 

Nobody ever said progress was made with giant steps.....

*But, honestly, I did a LOT more than I expected since I was awake most of the way going and coming.  That, in and of itself, is nothing short of a miracle.  I'm narcoleptic in the passenger seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment