Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Wisdom Found on Vacation

It's 6:38am.  Should be making breakfast.  But I'm on a post-weigh-in high* so I'm doing the typical "borrowing (time) from Peter to pay Paul" to get to write this post.

Good news?  The time challenges continue, though I was EARLY for the gym yesterday.  But, this morning, obviously, I'm delusional.**

I'm actually DRESSED this morning.  But, I'm sans shoes.  Somehow, that just seems like overkill before 8am to me.

And, the best news of all?  I have a fabulous, gained-it-on-vacation-because-I-had-time-to-read tip.  SOCK COPS.  Otherwise known as the S&M of the laundry room.

Just kidding on that last line.  Unless you are unusually creative.

Really, these things are so stupid/cool that I can't believe I didn't think of them.

They look like a strange, plastic circular clip that you attach to the heels of your socks before they go in the washer.  Then, they go straight to the dryer.  And, if you are like me, they'll go straight into drawers because Mike hates the way my Momma taught me to fold the sock openings, one over the other, because it "stretches them out".***

Tried these little guys yesterday for the first time.  Sorting socks to put them together before washing them seemed a bit odd at first.  But, when I really thought about it, it made more sense than doing it post dryer.  At least I knew there SHOULD be pairs in the dirty basket.  And, I was able to find the poor, mate less socks and put them in a little heap on the washer.

The great news:  they work.  And you can own 20 clips for $8.99 from The Container Store.  I bought 40 clips and left under a twenty spot, TT&L.  I figure they will go the way of the tape in this house and, eventually, I'll need those extra clips.

Well, that's it. Other than "Happy Spring" a couple of days late.  Totally missed Springs entrance, probably because I couldn't see her through the rain (Praise God!)

And, finally, here's to easier laundry days.  For those of us who are Stay-at-Homes, I guess that means more time to eat bon bons.

Or, to figure out how to use SOCK COPS on our husbands. 

*See commentary at right to understand why....

**Otherwise known as believing that pixie dust will descend and that I'll have time to both write this post AND get breakfast ready and lunches packed before the kids need to leave out the door.  Still learning. 

***Oh, malarkey.  They stay paired in the drawer and that's what counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment