Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sound Teaching for Young Men

In case you are curious:  NO.  I haven't entered another deep, dark funk that would explain my lack of writing.

I've actually hit that "Spring is almost here, school activities are through the roof, and I feel like a one-armed wallpaper hanger with a bad, good arm."  Where do the days and hours GO?  At some point, do we find the minutes that zoomed by too fast and get time back?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I want to pause here and thank those of you who emailed, sent cards, and called just to check in and let me know you were thinking of me and praying for me.  I know you are the reason I'm not funkified right now.

But to today's post...which I really don't have time for, but I'm going to steal it away from my normal household duties...

This will come in handy if you are raising a boy or praying over a Godson or grandboy or friend's son. 

FYI:  This is Paul speaking about what should be taught to various groups of people.

Titus 2: 6-8
Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled.  In everything set them an example by doing what is good.  In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

So, by teaching our young men in appropriate ways, ways that are above reproach, we create a situation where people who might oppose us will, literally, be at a loss for words.  They might try to say unkind things, but the shame will be on them.  Talk about holy retribution without even lifting a finger!

Sorry I don't have anything to add about girls today.  Maybe another post??!  But, I'm sure there is SOMEONE in your life for whom you can add this scripture as a prayer.  If not, feel free to pray for Nickels, Hooman and The Babe. 

In this house, we wallpaper-hangers can use all the help we can get!









No comments:

Post a Comment