Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lessons from The Beatles

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.


These are the first two lines of an old Beatles song, appropriately named "Blackbird".

Instantly, I am filled with emotion and grace and feelings of immense love, even though the lyrics are dark and somewhat depressing.

This song speaks to me of hope.  The hope of coming out of a dark pit, back into the sunlight.  Back into the realization that, though I've forgotten I'm constantly being cradled in God's loving arms, He has not ever put me down or forgotten me.

These lyrics are reminders that God can heal brokenness and blindness of all kinds*.  They assure me that I can recover and be made whole again and actually have my eyes opened in ways that will astound me.

I can be free through Christ.  I can soar in the place He has put me.  I can be free.

And, so can you.  All it takes is one glimpse out of the darkness to see the light.



*Physical, emotional, spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment