Saturday, March 24, 2012

Healer

I don't think I've ever done this, focused on one attribute of God that is important for my life for the moment, but I'm doing it today.

See, in God's great plan, He put me in a Bible study that just completed a chapter on the amazing attributes of our Lord.  And, in exactly that same space of time, my Goddaughter is in the hospital experiencing something that is seizure-like (but isn't seizures) and is undergoing testing to determine the cause of her many-times-an-hour affliction.

She's one-year-old.  She should be laughing at new discoveries, like butterflies landing on flowers, and new sounds that make her laugh, and perfecting walking without tumbling.  My heart just aches for her and her Momma and Daddy and sisters and our whole family.

But, instead of letting fear and anger and bitterness and worry and doubt overtake me, I'm focusing on
Exodus 15:26, which ends with the phrase "...I am the LORD, who heals you."

I am replacing all the things Satan wants me focused on with the Lord's promises.  I'm clinging to them.  I'm remembering that God has a plan for all of us, a plan to prosper us and not bring us harm.

As the old song says "He's got the whole world in His hands".  And, he has our little Celia firmly tucked there, too.  We just have to remember that during the times that are dark and worrisome and scary.

He is working out this issue, using skilled doctor's hand and technology and the prayers of his people.

HE can heal this.  HE will use His people to assist.  And, sometime soon, we will all give Him glory for the work that He has done.

Praise be to God, our healer.

1 comment: