Friday, January 27, 2012

Stupid Is...

Stupid things I've done this month that I KNOW are stupid but I just can't help myself:*

1.  Entering the HGTV Dream Home Sweepstakes daily.  Actually, twice daily.

Sure it would be nice to win the house and cash.  But, my big dream is to win the car that is part of the package.  See, the Armada just hit seven years, 100K miles and we really, really are going to need a new SUV in the coming months.  And, I HATE the thought of spending money on a car.

So, I'm a gonna win one!  Against like a bazillion to one odds.

2.  I bought a deep fryer long about January 3rd.

At a deep discount at Costco.

Do you think that was anti-cultural at the time?  You betcha baby!  Everyone else was stocking up on diet food bars and yogurt and veggies and I learned how to make donkey tails (a hot dog wrapped in a tortilla, fried to a crispy brown).**

I warned you this was the year I wasn't making the "normal" resolutions.

3.  I started following the Presidential election news.

OK.  That was for about 30 seconds flat then I couldn't take it anymore.

There is this point where I can feel my blood pressure rising, my sarcasm bone aching, and my heart racing and I realize "Put down the remote.  Back away from the TV.  Or you are going to explode all over this room."  And you KNOW how much I love to clean, so....

I guess that was the one SMART thing I've done all month.

I just wonder what the people at the polling place are going to think when I write "Abraham Lincoln" in as my candidate of choice?


*I'm hoping, by coming out of the closet on these issues, that I will straighten up.  Or, all of you will tell me I'm not as ridiculous as I feel and I'll have your permission to move onward and upward.

**Thank you, La Hacienda Ranch, for turning my kids on to these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment