Thursday, January 26, 2012

Inspiration

Every Thursday morning, come rain or shine, I devote three to four hours to writing.  Mostly, this time is for "Mom's book", the one I'm working on about her illness.

This has become sacred time.  Time I don't waver from.  Time I look forward to.  This is my time to remember, cry, regret, forgive, and move on.

And, today is one of those typical days.  I woke up raring to go, ready to get into the writing.  I did my usual, pre-out-of-bed prayer, and started into the work of the morning:  cooking breakfast, packing lunches, unloading the dishwasher, prepping The Babe's morning phonics lesson.

And, somewhere, in the midst of all the business and the attempts at motivating the boys to be on time for carpool, I just crapped out.  All desire to write left me.  So, I did what I do best:  I started checking the computer, looking for inspiration.

When I got to the email you see below, I started to delete it;  I receive something daily from "Women of Faith", so what big difference would it make if I deleted just this one? was my line of thought.

But, something someone stopped me short of hitting that big X.  And, when I read the first line, I understood why this was such an important part of my today.  The day I now have renewed vigor for writing.

I took the time to underline all the parts of this that spoke to me.  Maybe you should do the same? 

Enjoy this little beauty.  And, may you find something in your day that is worth trying.

The hardest part of almost any task or challenge we face is getting started. I am an expert at sitting on my rear while I analyze how difficult a task is going to be, agonize over how long it will take or mull over whether I will be able to do it to perfection. A friend of ours, who happens to run one of the most successful fortune five hundred companies in the world, put it well. “Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly the first time.”
JUST DO IT. You can always improve on it once you have started.
My friend, Eric Alexander, helped guide the first blind man to the peak of Mount Everest. He had to do more than just dream about reaching the summit. He didn’t sit around worrying because a blind man had never been on the summit before. They made it! But it would have never happened if he had hadn’t taken that first step, crossed that first stream, established that first base camp.
What have you got to do today?
What have you got to do?
Apologize?
Exercise?
Run or just have fun?
Read?
Ride?
Forgive and let live?
Admit?
Commit?

Study and learn?
What have you got to do today?
What have you got to do?

JUST DO IT!--Ken Davis, author, from Women of Faith 1/26/12 email

No comments:

Post a Comment