Sunday, February 6, 2011

Freud

~~Probably best to let the kiddies go to another room while you read this.~~

You know the Freudian slip, where you say something you are thinking that generally isn't fit for publication by your mouth and tongue?

Yeah. Mike had one of those recently. Right in the big fat middle of talking with Hooman.

Seems the Hoo was in need of some more ammunition for his gun. And Mike was lying on the bed in our room, simultaneously working on his computer and watching something on TV.

I'm going to give Mike a big, fat pass because as a man, he had no business multi-tasking. And, clearly, working and watching TV is multi-tasking to the nth degree for someone with a penis.

Where was I? Happily in the shower. With the heat at just the right temperature, enjoying a few minutes of escaping the demands of being a homemaker.*

So, in a trifecta of confluence of events, I turned off the shower, Hoo asked for "BBs", and Mike responded thus:

"Hooman. Sometime later today I'll take you to the store to get some boobies."

Swear on a Bible. Hoo was bent over forward, hand on his stomach, laughing something fierce when I exited the shower.

Hearing the two of them laughing and Mike doing a mean, backwards dance away from the comment by stating "I didn't mean to say that" just made me all the more curious. Mike just looked at me, explained what he had said, and commented "It was a Freudian slip."

And this is where I prove my point that men + multi-tasking = danger to society. Kind of like teenager + driving and texting = ER visit and high insurance deductible. BAD COMBO.

Seems, the sound of the shower turning off reminded Mike of me. This occurred at the exact time Hoo asked about BBs. Which sent Mike's brain into multi-tasking overload, when added to the work computer and TV noise, and, WAH-LAH: boobies.

In case you are curious: yes, Hoo got what he wanted at the store later.

Mike? We'll just leave that up to your Freudian imaginations.



*Oh, do not even get me started by commenting "How demanding can that be?" Because all I'll do is remind you of the episode where Mike Brady claims Carol couldn't handle his job and they switch for one day. Do you remember the outcome? THAT TOTALLY PROVES THE POINT THAT YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment