Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wait Upon The Lord

I try not to post twice a day. Frankly, I like having posts "waiting" to be published. That way, if I don't feel like writing one day, I don't feel like I am letting someone down by not giving them new content.

But, today, God convicted me that there is good reason for my patient waiting. And that He is totally in control of a situation that seems to be taking forever to resolve.

This realization didn't change the fact that Mike and I are still waiting for a final answer; it changed my heart and gave me the power to continue waiting for God's timing.

So, I had to share yet another post today, in hopes that one of you will be as blessed by this message as I was.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When's the last time you TRULY had to wait?

I'm not talking in a line at the grocery store or in traffic or carpool. I'm talking weeks and weeks or months or years of waiting.

The type of waiting when you think that perfect person is never going to show up so you can finally get married and start that family you've dreamed about for years.

Or you've spent thousands of dollars on treatments to become pregnant and the tests keep coming back negative, month upon month.

Or the job you've been eyeing for years is given to yet another person who hasn't worked in the company as long as you have and has ten fewer years of experience.

THAT kind of waiting.

Right now, it feels like the Nowell house is in that type of a wait.

Without going into gory details, we are in a queue, waiting on an answer. And we've been here several weeks now.

Every time an answer seems within reach, the meeting gets moved or the phone call canceled. Another cancellation and a promise of a meeting "next week" just came this morning.

It's frustrating, unnerving, and positively stressful at moments.

So when I reached the car after my workout this morning, I heard Dr. Charles Stanley on my radio. I love this man's voice* so I was instantly hooked on what he was saying. I couldn't have been in the car two seconds when I realized he was talking about "waiting". Since I am dealing with my own issues in this arena, my ears tuned in even more intently.

Within seconds, I learned that I had never considered the freedom in waiting.

It was one of those moments I knew God was speaking directly through the radio to me; it was a "frying pan moment"**.

Yeah. Hit me like that.

Maybe you are waiting on something right now. Maybe it's a big deal; maybe something small. Maybe you've just lived through a time when you thought "Geez. I asked for patience. THAT was a mistake because all I'm getting is a long period of waiting. I heart that as much as the thought of a colonoscopy!"

Remember this: Your wait is for a purpose.

Read that again.

Your wait is for a purpose.

Since I value Dr. Stanley's teaching so much, I'm going to let him explain why.*** I hope you find the kernel of truth in what he says.

Thank you Lord for the new perspective. You've changed my heart and my point-of-view. Now I am happy to be patient so you can work out the details and put us in the center of your will. You truly are the best! Amen


*He reminds me of a Grandpa who gives the best advice in world.

**Frying pan moments are times when I realize "God has been trying to talk to me and I haven't been listening, so he had to make the message so crystal clear that it feels like I've been hit in the head with a frying pan."

***http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/in-touch-ministries/?gclid=COa1gbet2KYCFcpU2godVz-AHA

No comments:

Post a Comment