Saturday, October 30, 2010

Eating Humble Pie

I wrote this back at the end of August and I guess I wasn't ready to really bite the bullet and ask for forgiveness at the time, so this ended up in the "drafts" section of the blog.

But it really spoke to me today, for some reason. Maybe one of you is waiting to hear these words? Maybe not from me, but from someone else, and it will just be nice to see that there are some of us who screw up and can admit it. Even if it is in a very fashionably late manner.....

Or maybe you need to apologize to someone else and you just don't know how to start. Read on....

For whatever crazy reason, this is being posted today. And I hope it speaks to you, the way I hope it speaks to the person it was originally intended to reach.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I really hate admitting I'm wrong. I'd rather eat cow poop and wash it back with otter urine, frankly.

But, sometimes, I have to apologize when I've just been a raving lunatic.

So, if this message applies to you (and I'm sure you know who you are): I'm sorry.

If I have offended you by implying you did something you didn't.
If I hurt your feelings by being distant.
If I acted in a way that made you wonder if I was losing my marbles. Or wonder if I really love you*. Or wonder if I'm ever going to talk to you again**.

If you think this applies to you now OR if anytime in the future I step out-of-line OR if you just like reading a blog that says "I am wrong" because it makes you feel all warm inside: OK.

I hate preachy people and these last few days I've become exactly that. Times five thousand.

I've been haughty and mean-spirited and annoyed.

And I haven't at all been sympathetic, which is generally the place I try my best to live.

So, I hope you will forgive me. And I hope that you will allow me back into your world and ask for my forgiveness, too.

I think there is going to be a little give-and-take on this one and I hope we are both willing to meet in the middle.

See you there?



*I do.

**I will. As soon as I'm done eating this humble pie and trying to figure out what exactly to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment