Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Wishes

So, you all want to know how my Mother's Day went.

Yes, I realize you didn't ask, but I figure it's because a) you weren't sure if you asked if I would be reduced to a pile of tears that you wouldn't know how to address or b) you were too busy celebrating on your own and you couldn't stop staring at that gift your hubby bought you long enough to stop being myopic.

Either way, I'm good.

I've had my moments along the way to this day. Like when, at the Mother's Day Tea at the preschool The Babe attends, the teacher picked the one book, "Love you Forever", that Mom had given to me on Valentine's Day many years ago. The one I stare at occasionally but can't bear to open*. Yeah, that one.

Then there was this afternoon, when I was weeding and the clouds broke and I saw the exact same burst of sunlight that entered the room in the moments Mom was dying. I first thought "MOM?!" then I wondered "Did someone just die?" and "Did Mom welcome them into Heaven?"

Thank goodness for wonderful friends who call, send emails, leave cards on my front porch. Who remind me that, though I am without a Mom today, I'm still very much loved and very much remembered.

Thanks for being a part of that group of people, if you were. And, if you said a silent prayer but didn't let me know, thank you, too. I value all of your contributions, on my behalf and I wish all my Mommy friends out there the very best Mother's Day ever.

Now, go forth and eat something gooey. MommaJ's orders. :)


*Truth be told, nobody can read that book with dignity. Only a box of kleenex can get you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment