Saturday, May 8, 2010

Letters to God

I am just a sucker.

A sucker for a story with a great ending, one that makes me cry happy or sad tears, or one that inspires me.

About three months ago, my oldest saw a movie poster that caught his eye. He started talking about how much he wanted to see the movie, even before he knew much about it. God thing, I guess.

Well, it turns out, after a search for this movie on my favorite parental "should we see this or skip it" movie website*, this wasn't your average, happy-go-lucky movie.

It wasn't going to have a happy ending. But I was pretty sure I would cry some sad and some happy tears and be inspired.

And, well, right I was.

This movie, Letters to God, was made by the same group that made Facing the Giants**. I plopped down my money with low expectations of acting but high expectations on message.

What I got was above what I could have possibly imagined going in.

I won't ruin the story by recounting it here, but I can tell you that it is amazing how one person can touch an entire community.

This movie is in very limited release and will likely be out of theaters and onto DVD pretty shortly***. I hope, if you choose to tackle it, you're a little more inspired that your life can make a difference, too.

Just lil' ol' you.


*www.pluggedinonline.com

**In case you missed Facing the Giants, a church in Georgia decided to do a little movie using members of its congregation and then take their work to the masses, Hollywood-style. It was a family-friendly show, with hokey acting (at times) but an incredible message about faith and love. Oh, and some great Christian songs.

***Please be careful with little ones who are sensitive by nature; this movie deals with the illness of a child and could be quite upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment