Thursday, May 20, 2010

Facebook Magic

I have become a psychic. I, literally, can predict the future. How, pray tell, did this happen?

It's all thanks to Facebook. And status updates.

I've become a friend with a particular person whose every move is documented for every second of every day. Save the bathroom. Thank goodness.

So, tonight, this person went to a frozen yogurt place, the movies, and out to dinner. This created a trail of movement across Dallas that required three different status updates*.

I happen to know, because this person falls somewhere between "acquaintance" and "friend", that he is married with kids. I'm 99% sure, based on the movie d'jour, that they were all along on this big adventure.

And, because this person posts ALL THE STINKIN' TIME**, I know he has had similar dates, just like this, at least four other times THIS MONTH.

Now, how does this relate to my new psychic abilities?

I predict, in a short period of time, a little thing called a "credit card bill" will show up in this person's mailbox.

I further predict that his spending habits will, eventually, catch up with his income.

And, finally, that his income won't be enough to cover his spending habits and his credit card bill will go delinquent.

TA-DA. I'm psychic.

Perty amazing, ain't I?


*Were I a hit man and he a person the mob needed to take down, he'd so be toast.

**For which I am about to "unfriend" him...

2 comments:

  1. I have some thoughts:

    In some people's books it's a sin to delay gratification.

    We must indulge each and every whim of ourselves and our children NOT!

    From the mouth of DR: Today, live like no one else, so in the future you can LIVE like no one else.

    I wonder if the kids have to work for anything that they're given? Do they learn any lessons? That's setting them up for failure!

    I could go on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all good questions...of course, I have no answers, but I can tell you I wish I had learned all these early. Despite my parents best attempts, I grew up in the 80's, with Dallas and excessive pressure to become "rich", as my North Star. Bad place to start....

    ReplyDelete