Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Problem with Suffering

"Dandruff sufferers".

I actually read this direct quote today. It struck me as quite comical and sad all at the same time.

When I think of suffering, things like starvation and enslavement and torture come to my mind.

Only in America, land of the whiner, could you possibly "suffer" with dandruff. And you will only suffer as long as the marketing arm of a big shampoo company with a "solution" to your "suffering" is able to convince you you have a big, huge, hairy* problem that you shouldn't feel obligated to suffer with anymore.

I have several REAL American problems we suffer with: apathy, laziness, greed, gluttony, idolism, starvation, homelessness, infidelity, lack of morals, lack of values. I'll stop there before anybody gets too worked up.**

In the land that is more interested in who did what to Tiger Woods than in what our government is trying to include in the health care bill, we have a lot of growing up to do.

Can't we please put our over-dry, snowflake-ridden heads together and try to come up with something we can cure that involves TRUE suffering?

Really.

*Pun completely, totally, and utterly intended.

**Anybody = me.

5 comments:

  1. "Can't we please put our over-dry, snowflake-ridden heads together and try to come up with something we can cure that involves TRUE suffering?"

    In a land that has forgotten the Sovereign Justice of all and wouldn't recognize a foundational governing principle if it knocked them in the butt, I think you're engaged in wishful thinking. It would be nice, I grant you, but it's wishful nonetheless. ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Whanodioahtelkuapoindslfkh".
    POP.
    Now that I've pulled my head out, I have to agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you accuse * me+ of not speaking English... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was English. Just spoken from a place where EVERYTHING is indecipherable.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. Now I'M not speaking English...IT was English, not I am English. Though I probably am. But I'll never know for sure because of the whole adoption thing and all. But that's another post for another day. GAK.

    ReplyDelete