Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is this a TEXAS thing?

I'm guessing, since I never saw this in Michigan, that the little decoration I spotted today, dangling from the hitch on the back of a truck, is something Red Necks think is cute*.

Now, this isn't my first spotting of such a thing. And I'm positive it won't be my last, given I have kind of bought into the theory that Texas is the best state next to sliced bread and all.

But, honestly? Each truck I pass with a hardened plastic set of male balls swaying back and forth from a hitch? The driver's Momma should just whack him upside the head. More than once.

Today's set was green. Who thought of that? Kermit the Frog?

About the only case for color I can think of is blue. And that's only if you are married and your wife has been in a persistent vegetative state for, like, 25 years. Then you are somewhat entitled to a color. And then it becomes your own political statement and everyone who passes your car says "Oh. Poor guy." And we aren't quite as grossed out.

Other than that, I think we stick with neutral/beige or just nothing dangling at all.

Then again, I wonder why we should even be subjected to such a thing at all. You don't see women all over America breaking out their plastic ovaries and hanging them on the back of their minivans.

OOPS. Probably shouldn't have said that.

Now look what I started.


*Though, honestly, I don't think they'd use the term cute. They'd probably say this is "manly" or "tough". Me? I just think it is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment