Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My New Friend

I could tell you all were waiting, with baited breath, to hear how this week went with my new friend, the revised, updated, newly started diet.

Let me start by saying that the word "die" is the major part of this word. As in, "I think I'm going to flippin' die if I don't get a piece of chocolate. Pronto."

Well, I got that piece of chocolate* and I lived to tell of the glory of being on the other side of the devil obviously trying to side track me.

I have to admit that the biggest problem I had this week was not getting to the gym. But, on the positive side, I did learn to canoe on the Wii against The Babe, and discovered that a) shoulders have joints b) there are muscles attached to those joints and c) those muscles hadn't been exercised since 1982.

I'm still in pain. From last Thursday.

This week? Gym. Next week? Post on pain.

The numbers: seven days of trying, one piece of divine chocolate, two sick kids, 1.2pounds lost**.

Yeah!

*A white chocolate Lindt truffle filled with some kind of sweet, gooey, white filling that can only be described as tooth-decay gone right.

**I realize this is the water weight going bye-bye, but a win is a win in the battle of my hunger vs. my willpower. Willpower, which has been mostly WONTpower until this week.

2 comments: