Thursday, March 11, 2010

Housekeeping

A brief summation of my housekeeping skills, abilities, and efforts, written on a cute little piece of glazed tile, my first official act of decorating in the family room, thanks to the great Hallmark Gold Crown Store on Campbell and Coit:

You can touch the dust but please don't write in it.*

My Mom, bless her soul, was never a great duster. Or ironer. Or sewer**. I readily and gladly caught on to the things she didn't like. And, when I got my first place, followed quickly in her footsteps.

Personally, the reason I think my family has never dealt with dust allergies is because they've been hyper-exposed over the years. Going to a dust factory is about the only way they could have had more exposure.

I figure, one day, their wives will all thank me. Because 1) my boys will think it is totally normal for coffee tables to have finger and hand prints all over them 2) since my boy's bodies have been rendered "immune" to dust, that's one fewer chore their wives will have to attend to, and that will leave more time to conceive my grandchildren***.

Wow. This whole non-dusting thing was GENIUS Mom. Thanks for teaching me well!


*If I had been laughing any harder or had not recently used the facilities when I first laid eyes on this plaque, there would have been an embarrasing "clean-up on aisle four!" call made over the PA system.

**Why is the word for the system that flushes our poo the same for the person who sews our clothing? Could explain my Mom's aversion to sewing.....

***I am SUCH a giving person.

3 comments:

  1. "**Why is the word for the system that flushes our poo the same for the person who sews our clothing? Could explain my Mom's aversion to sewing....."

    And someone who sues in court is... What's another word for "plaintiff"?.... Wait for it....
    Suer.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You have a nice blog. I just thought of mentioning about this website www.dustmitesallergies.org. They seem to offer specialized advice of dust mites allergies.

    ReplyDelete