Thursday, March 11, 2010

SCHWEET!

Driving down Royal Lane Thursday afternoon to retrieve Zach from school, I happened upon the sweetest little ride: a Mercedes Benz SL500.

Since I was behind said car, I couldn't see who was driving it.** When I finally hit a stop light and looked to my right, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Someone had let the house dwarf from Harry Potter out. And he was driving this super-awesome Mercedes.

I'm not kidding. This guy was about 150 years old and not much taller than a smurf. Kinda let the air out of my tires, frankly. I pulled away from the light lamenting the fact that there are way too many people in this town who are driving hyper-expensive cars. Getting your hopes up that you might recognize the driver is just a pipe dream.

Being totally myopic and all, I barely realized that I wasn't the only one in the car who noticed the car and driver. Middle son piped up and said "Old gramps back there's got a sweet ride." I swear, he sounds more and more like me all the time.

Since we talk alike, think alike, and have the same sense of humor, I am pretty sure he's mine. And I guess that means I get to keep him, too.

Somehow, I think keeping him is cheaper than the monthly payments on that Mercedes.



*Base price revealed by the MB website? $92,900. Choke, gag.

**Whenever I see a car of this calibar yet I don't know who is driving it, I always get a little giddy. Could it be someone I'll recognize--some sport's figure, Tom Selleck, President Bush? The possibilities are endless. Which just makes me giddier. Until I really see who's behind the wheel.

2 comments: