Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kill Joy

We just bought some new furnishings on which to sit and pig-out two to three times a day*.

As Mike was doing some simple installation**, he noticed the "Made in Malaysia" signs on the underside of some of the pieces.

To which he observed: "These chairs have seen more of the world than either of us has. And, they've been to Malaysia, so they know which country it is in and that it actually exists, which is more than the average American can say."

I'm now totally depressed. I don't think I'll be able to sit on these world-traveling, geographically-elite pieces of wood.

And I was SO looking forward to breakfast in the morning, perched atop our newly acquired chairs, running my hands over the shiny table-top, eating gluten-free waffles and drinking my 64 ounce cup of coffee.

Way to kill my new furniture buzz, buddy. SIGH.


*In case you are caffeine-deprived or drunk, that equals a new dining table and chairs.

**He hasn't cussed once. Come close, but, no cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment