Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Party Planning

"We chunk some glue down, throw on some glitter, and call it a masterpiece.  We be boys."--Hooman

Christmas party season in the classroom is in full swing.  This is the season that separates the girly-girls from the tomboys.  Clearly, I fall into the latter catagory.

If I had my druthers, we'd serve a dessert, chug down some cider, and play a rousing game of "throw the snowball until you are hit and must sit out".  Nothing Martha Stewart about it.  About the only memory:  whether or not you had a bruise after the game.  But that's how I roll:  no muss, no fuss.

I guess I am waxing nostalgic coming into Christmas season.  With The Babe being in an all-boy class this year, Halloween party planning went like this:

Mom #1:  I have games.  Mom #2, you've got food.  Mom #3, you've got paper products.  See you at the party.  That was the it for planning, about three days prior to the party.  And you know what?  That party rocked.

And did I mention that I have a girl crush on the organizer for her complete faith that three women who never met face-to-face, exchanged only one email, and met in the classroom five minutes before party time could organize a really fun, no-stress party?  Yup.  She's my superhero.

So, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the thought that we have to have food, a craft and a game, all Christmas-themed and cute, especially given that I am highly allergic to glitter and glue sticks. 

Did I mention I don't do perfect?  I fly by the seat of my pants?  I like my parties like me:  full of ADD and lack of organization? 

So, if I come out of the other side of next Wednesday spitting glitter and twitching, you'll know why. 

Just set me in the corner and give me a couple of rum balls.  I'll recover by the 25th.  Pinkie promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment