Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I haven't been writing this blog long enough to have more than one resolution posted for your viewing pleasure.

Laugh away at THIS: Last year I paid a quarter every time I cussed. Until it got too expensive and I wrote a fat check to charity and called it a year.

I think that was late January.

Can you say "FAIL?"

So, as we sit on the cusp of 2012, I am again pondering resolutions.

I kind of like the idea of saying "I resolve to resolve to change nothing." Except, generally, the people who say this are the type who think they should be MENSA members and blame their lack of membership on the loss of their file in the process of choosing the incoming group.

I abhor the idea of trying to give up cussing twice. I just need to do it, but not under compulsion. Last year that made me less of a cheerful giver.

I've done the Weight Watchers and exercise resolutions until I'm blue in the face. My weight, within about a five pound range, has been at the same place for a couple of years now. Though I can't say I'm thrilled about the state of my body, I'm not so motivated by what I see in the mirror to put in the hard work.

So, my resolution for the year is a throwback to the seventies.

No, I'm not going to drop acid and listen to The Doors and protest Vietnam. I'm resolving to "Keep On Movin' On".

Throughout the year I am going to course correct, as necessary, based on listening to God's direction in my life, instead of directing my life based on a date on the calendar.*

So, Happy 2012! May whatever you resolve or don't resolve or work on or attempt turn out perfectly for you!


*And, if the Mayan people were right? All this isn't going to matter much in a few, short months anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment