Saturday, January 21, 2012

Following

Yesterday, despite the circumstances, was a blessed day.

*I enjoyed the beautiful flowers my sweet neighbor brought, with a card that told me she was thinking of me and praying for me.
*I had the privilege of being in this glorious, unseasonably warm, sunny weather as I drove around, following God's lead.
*I visited the grave of my college roommate and left her flowers, reminding her that 27 is way too soon to be gone from this earth.  As I walked through the cemetery, I told Mom that I missed her dearly but that didn't mean I would change a thing and have her suffering on earth;  I am glad she is at peace in Heaven. 
*I inhaled the smell of fresh flowers crowning the grave of a dear friend's Mother while I prayed over her family.
*I followed God's lead out of the cemetery and found myself parking next to Lullabye Land.  I meandered through the area, only to discover that an infant daughter of friends was buried there.  I talked to Baby K and told her that Mom would love to rock her.
*I picked four Bibles to keep in my car, in a bag with food and water, to give to the next homeless person I meet.  I know Mom would be proud I'm continuing with traditions of service to those less fortunate than me.
*I learned that my Mother-in-law's surgery went off without a hitch but that doctors found an issue that will require another procedure.  Then, trouble set in, in the form of blood in her chest cavity, and that her blood pressure had dropped too low;  she required ICU intervention.  I thanked God that she was in such competent hands;  that He had seen fit to have her in the right setting for such a crisis to occur and for bringing this additional issue to light before it became a crisis.
*I welcomed home Mike, who had been traveling since Monday.  We enjoyed lunch together, just the two of us, catching up and enjoying each others company, as only best friends can do.
*I celebrated the life of a very dear friend who turned 40 this week.  And, in celebrating his life, realized it was a celebration not just of him, but of Mom as well--this day is the second anniversary of her "birth" and her homecoming in Heaven.

It was a full day.  It was a day where the tears were minimal, my heart was full, and I could tangibly FEEL your prayers, well-wishes, and thoughts.

And, for that?  I can't thank you enough.

2 comments:

  1. My words fail, but I know God provides comfort. I continue pray that God will wrap all of you in the peace of God that surpasses my human understanding. Remebering your mom and the hole her absence leaves in your life. The other Jill

    ReplyDelete