Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Japan On My Mind



This photograph was taken in Japan, one of the few places I desperately want to travel to before I die. Since I don't see this happening anytime in the immediate future, I'm going to try to figure out how to hang this on a wall in my house.

I guess my desire to travel to Japan makes a nice beginning to a MommaJ Bucket List, though I consider myself much too young to think about such things.

The thought of fresh sushi and music from stringed instruments and cherry blossoms makes my heart skip a beat.

And, now, this photograph? An honorable mention in the National Geographic Photo Contest for 2o11? It makes me want to grab a passport and my wallet and make a mad dash to DFW for the next flight to Tokyo.

There is so much beauty to be had on this planet. I guess I just don't want to waste a moment wondering if I missed a chance to experience it.

2 comments:

  1. Japan was wonderful. The only thing missing when I went was my mom at my side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why you missed her in those moments in Japan! What a great tour guide she would have been....

    ReplyDelete