Wednesday, May 4, 2011

David, a king in his own right

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/family-talk/custom-player/victorious-the-david-ring-story-i-182279.html (sorry you'll have to cut and paste, but the first pass didn't work and I'm much too impatient with computer systems to try it again right now.)

Please do me a favor, so you don't feel the need to gripe at me in the comment section later, and get a box of Kleenex. Also, if you don't have 27 minutes to give, don't start. You'll find yourself skipping whatever you've got scheduled to finish this podcast.

David is a remarkable speaker and the epitome of persistence, grace, and hope. I knew I had to share his story when I heard the second and third in the series of this talk (I missed this one initially). When he said "I thought God forgot my name", I cried until I had no more tears.

How many of us can relate to that statement? In our deepest, darkest moments, I think we've all wondered if we've been forgotten.

God is so good, though. He knew us before we were born. He knew us before our parents even knew each other. He knows the number of hairs on our heads and the day we will die. He will NEVER, EVER, IN A BILLION YEARS FORGET OUR NAME.

And he hasn't forgotten David. He has used this man in a mighty way. I so want to figure out how to bring him to a local congregation, for the sole purpose of hugging his neck and telling him how special he is and how much he has touched my life.

David is a refreshing breath of reality and truth and love. I hope you can hear God's voice as you listen.

2 comments:

  1. This is called "I pressed the right button to add the link, Blogger. What the heck?"

    Fixing it. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete