Saturday, March 19, 2011

Post Updates and a HUGE Thank You!

I'm doing something I've never done before: dedicating one post to updating the rest of the month's worth of posts that were left "dangling".

Well, maybe dangling for me, and not so much you. Just oblige me. You might find some of this interesting:

1. Charlie Sheen. Still bat-crap crazy. Lost custody of his youngest kids, is trying to hire a "social media intern" so we can watch him implode in every possible form of media, and, most surprisingly, has kind of laid low lately.

Seriously, goddesses. If you smell some strange stank in the mansion? Please make sure it isn't his decomposing body.

2. My HUGE Thank You: Smile Train and Operation Smile decided, four days after my post (not because of it, in case that sounds haughty), that they would stay separate orgranizations. I AM THRILLED!! Seems an online petition, that represented $81 MILLION DOLLARS of potential lost contributions from those who signed, swayed the Smile Train board.

Money talks; now let's just hope BS walks (yes, that's YOU, Charles Wang.)

3. Nickels managed to get the clay dried, painted, and labeled and got 100% on his project.

As a Momma, this wasn't the desired lesson. If I had been grading this project, I would have taken a -5% for griping, whining, and generalized moaning and
-10% for procrastination. But, nobody asked me.

4. Apparently, 98% of you don't really care what the hell I write about, as evidenced by the lack of commentary on what I should write come the milestone of post 500.

The two comments I did receive didn't amount to anything I could work with, though one commenter did give me a laundry list offline that is tantamount to becoming bright enough to win a Pulitzer, Nobel and Darwin award all in one year. I'm still deciding what to tackle, so stay tuned.

5. I'm dragging into Day 11 of the cleanse. Literally, dragging my butt. Feel like a good gust of wind could take me to the ground and I MIGHT have the strength to stand. Or at least scream "I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!"

I never want to see another vegetable in my life. Fruit is still OK, though I "cheated" a bit and bought some dried bananas and now my intestines are screaming curse words about being all bunched up.

Bonus? Below that weight. The women in the audience know the one. The number is different for all of us, but it's the weight that we say "If only I could get below ___, I'd be within spitting distance of my goal." Problem is, for most of us, we generally expect we'll only see that number with loads of exercise, Weight Watchers mania, or a good case of the stomach flu. Preferably, the flu.

6. Not only have I noticed The Babe using "r" in place of "l", but it has also become apparent that we are replacing the "r" with "w". Hence, the phrase this week that he was "Weally, weally happy" after he felt better. Because before, when his stomach and head hurt and he felt chilled, he didn't feel "wight".

To which I wanted to respond "Son. Ethnicity isn't a state of mind." But, I didn't.


So, there are the "mid-March" updates. Hopefully, if you've been fretting over any of these issues, you can get back to your "wight" state of mind and get a good night's sleep.

And, if you've haven't been losing zzz's? I'm WEALLY, WEALLY happy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment