Friday, March 18, 2011

On the Cusp

To say that protein 1) does a body good* and 2) is the building block of muscle is no understatement.

A little hint about protein no body will share with you: days and days without solid protein cause you to really miss it in a desperate, "I'd give a left appendage", "Dog food? Why not?" kind of way.

Case in point: right now, I'd down an entire can of Spam**, given three minutes, a spoon, and a private room with a lock on the door.

THAT is what you call desperation, people.

Thank goodness I am on the cusp of "halfway through the cleanse", when chicken and deep-sea fish is on the menu through the end of Day 21.

Mike has already pronounced Saturday's breakfast "chicken". I think he'll want a side of chicken with his chicken, if he's like me. I really won't care what else is on the plate, as long as something within the confines of the plate used to have a beak and is a solid chunk of matter.

Truly, I'd rather be pregnant at 44 and go through natural childbirth with a broad shouldered, sunny-side-up, 13 pound bowling ball of a baby then go through the first ten days of this cleanse again.

Because, at least if I was pregnant, people would forgive me for craving Spam....


*Or is that milk? Whatever it is, it involves protein, I can tell you that.

**Spam's protein. With a side of complete narst. But protein, right?

2 comments:

  1. And to think that I was actually considering whether I should do this cleanse. Sounds absolutely delightful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! You should try it. Then you can also join the crazies of the world that, like me and Mike, have vowed to do this twice a year.

    ReplyDelete