Sunday, November 7, 2010

Christmas Wishes

In the car*, on the way to a birthday party today, with all three boys in the backseat:

ME: "Hooman. What do you want for Christmas?" (Everyone else has made their exhaustive or expensive list known by now.)

HOO: "I don't know."

ME: "Well, think on it and get back to me pretty soon. Santa's got to start working." (Said for the sake of The Babe who still has no idea Santa isn't the guy at NorthPark we are willing to wait in line for hours and hours and hours on end to meet.)

HOO: "I pretty much have everything I need. I have you guys." He said this so sincerely, that my heart almost melted into a little puddle on the floorboard of the car.

ME (LOOKING AT HIM OVER MY SHOULDER, SMILING UNTIL I THINK MY FACE MIGHT BREAK): "That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard."

ME (THINKING): "God, I have no idea what I did to deserve these wonderful boys. But, thank you!"


*source location of most interesting, enlightening, spine-tingling conversations when you are a parent in a big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment