Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bedtime Excuses

Of all my favorites excuses over the last eleven years (and there have been plenty), by far the all-time greatest came from Nickels when he was around six years old.

I guess Mike or I must have been to Firestone regarding one of the car's tires within a few days of this comment, otherwise I am just baffled as to the terminology he employed.

But, without further ado, reason number 5302 for getting out of bed once you've been read to, tucked in, prayed over, told "Good night", and you've already gotten up once to pee:

"My bottom just rotated and now I have to poo."

He stood in the hallway, announced this, and neither Mike nor I could keep a straight face.

And, yes. He did get to go to the bathroom.

After all, what warped parent would deny a rotated butt the opportunity to at least TRY to poo?

No comments:

Post a Comment