Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tex and The Cherry Pie

Every once in a while I feel the urge to kick my dogs in the hind quarters whilst yelling at them. This was one of those times. And the following is the message* I actually sent to my sweet neighbor.

I think you'll agree with me that, sometimes, life just deals you a deck of yuck.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kindly Neighbor O' Mine--
I've been intercepting messages for Mike from your hubby and when he mentioned a cherry pie, I about lost my mind! I said I was coming to Bible Study in Mike's place, just for pie-sake.

Your hubby graciously offered a piece and I commented that I needed it like a hole in the head. I had NO IDEA how accurate that was until I arrived home tonight to a paper plate that looked, suspiciously, like none I had never purchased and that looked fairly well cleaned save a little bit of red residue.

Turns out, Mike put the pie on the counter, Tex decided it was for him, and I got the short end of the stick. Not that I'm bitter or anything, but this dog is darn lucky we've passed the return window the breeder set forth.

Needless to say, I am still without cherry pie. But, given that I didn't play tennis today due to the rain, I am not going to complain. I'm just going to send this note of thanks from Tex, the stealing, cheating dog who lives with me.

:)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And the corollary message, because my neighbor is SO KIND that she would have sent another piece of pie just to console me....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, and PS: please don't send another piece of pie. I'm sure some random burglar would break in overnight and I wouldn't get it anyway....


*Names changed to protect the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment