Friday, April 30, 2010

Points Anyone?

If it has the words "carrots", "cheese"*, "wheat"**, and "eggs" in the ingredients list, can I add a side of fruit and call it lunch?

According to the group that likes to watch my weight go up and down, I might be able to:

Veggie? Check
Dairy? Check
Wheat? Starch. Check.
Eggs? Protein/Medium-Fat Meat. Check.

So, if I count the 1/2 cup of cantaloupe and large slice of carrot cake as lunch today, will anybody buy that I am not actually cheating?

I didn't think so.



*Of the "cream" family of cheese. As in, the type you smear on a bagel.

**Not cooked. Raw. Flour, to be exact.

2 comments:

  1. cheating? pray tell, how is a full serving of a vegetable (it IS named, carrot cake) cheating??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my WW buddy GETS IT! Thanks for the encouragement! And, BTW, the carrot cake is all gone, so I'm looking for my next fix. Do you think there is enough cheese in cheesecake to qualify as my dairy for the day?? :)

    ReplyDelete