Saturday, March 27, 2010

Granola Revisited

One of the greatest movie lines ever, if you are a total freak like me and love When Harry Met Sally more than breathing, is the following interaction between Sally's answering machine and Harry, who is calling after pissing her off:

"The fact that you're not answering leads me to believe that (a) You're not home, (b) You're home but you don't want to talk to me or (c) You're home, desperately want to talk to me, but you're trapped under something heavy. If it's either (a) or (c), please give me a call."'

I feel the same way about my granola post from a few days ago. You know. The one where I pitched an idea and asked for your feedback?

The fact that you're not commenting, readers, leads me to believe (a) You haven't read the post, (b) You've read the post but you don't like granola (or worse, me) or (c) You read the post, desperately love granola, but you're afraid of commitment*. If it's (a), get reading! If it's (b), I now have a complex. If it's (c), I have a great shrink to recommend.**

But, on a very serious note, I KNOW better than to ask you to give your opinion. Because I learned that it is in our human nature to try to talk people out of doing something they have a passion for. And I love cooking, especially new stuff. And I get all cranked up when I find something new, yummy, and cheaper/better than I can buy in the store.

So, I'm dropping the whole line of questioning about the granola. Strike it from your collective memory. Pretend it didn't happen and you didn't read it. And, by all means, don't go back and comment now***.

But, if you want a sample, give me a little ring-a-ling. Alrighty?



*Look. I wasn't asking you to order the stuff. Just wondering what you thought about the concept. Besides, I'd only ask you to buy a case a month.....

**If both (b) and (c) apply, we can split the cost of the shrink by going together.

**That would be super-duper lame. And you are so much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment