Sunday, March 21, 2010

Granola, Anyone?

I know. Granola. UGH.

But, I have to be honest. I've stumbled upon the king of granola. And I'm excited to share it with you. Especially if you are avoiding gluten at the moment...or for a lifetime.

It started when I got fed up trying to find a breakfast cereal whose ingredient list didn't include sugar, high fructose corn syrup or brown sugar as the second most frequently occuring additive to the cereal box.

Once I got sugar pushed way down to the bottom of the list of cereal components, I tried to get corn and wheat out of the equation. That drove me straight out of the local grocery store and into a "healthier" food store.

And that is where my budget started to moan. And writhe in pain.

By chance, I happened upon a way to make granola that seemed almost too easy. And, it appeared to me, easily changed to meet my desire to make our cereal free of corn, wheat and processed sugar.

So, I tried it. And it hit a home run with the very people who I care most about: Mike and the boys.

A neighbor confirmed it was good stuff. And an idea was born.

What if I made regular and gluten-free handmade granola, in small batches and shared it with family and friends? What if I took 10% of the profits and gave them back to ovarian cancer research, in honor of my Mom?

So, what if? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment