Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Great Quotes from Little Boys

"Obey the wife."

That is a direct quote from my middle son. To Mike. As he was arguing with me about something so vanilla, so forgettable, that I have no idea what it was.

But the quote? It stuck with me.

The boy sounded so Charlton Heston, as Moses, commanding his Father do something.

It caught us so off guard, both Mike and I busted out laughing. That, as any of you who are parents know, will promote this quote being used again and again. Probably a big blunder, but it really was that funny at the time. And, it completely put the brakes on a goofy disagreement.

I need to file this away for the boy's rehearsal dinner. And, for the first time I am standing in his kitchen, listening to an inane argument with his sweet wife-of-the-future.

Chickens, baby, chickens. Coming home to roost.

Sooner than any of us think.

No comments:

Post a Comment