Friday, October 16, 2009

Marriage breakers

So have you heard the Terminator did his best to terminate his sex life this week?

It seems that Maria was driving in California and broke state law by talking on her cell phone. Of course, had she been any other Mom in America, this wouldn't be a big deal because nobody would have taken her picture. But gross TV hags TMZ shot pictures of her and now she's in hot water with THE ARNOLD.

For his part, he tweeted, "Thanks for bringing her violations to my attention. There's going to be swift action."

Dude. Why not just take a pitchfork to your tenders? You'll take "swift action"? NO. I think your wife will.

Two issues with this:
1. Maria wasn't caught by the law, so there is no basis for legal action here. Yeah, she broke the law but she wasn't CAUGHT by them.

Is Maria in the "right" here? Absolutely not. But, it's like the times I fly through a 35-mile-an-hour zone going 45 without getting caught. Not right, but if I manage to avoid the law, my infraction goes unpunished. Even if TMZ used a radar gun to nail my butt, Mr. Police Officer is just going to laugh in their faces.

2. Doesn't Arnold realize wife-Mom types are the only one who CAN handle driving and a cell phone?

Come on, man. We are the ones who can simultaneously wear three-inch heels and a nice dress, breastfeed a baby, and stir the macaroni and cheese on the stove for the toddlers to enjoy, while waiting for the babysitter to show up so you can take us out on the town. And, when we arrive at the restaurant? No milk or cheese stains on our Sunday best.

It is on an every-other-day basis that I'm glad we have the good sense to live in Texas, where I can carry a gun AND talk on a cell phone at the same time.

I just won't try to use them simultaneously. THAT might cause my driving to go a bit on the erratic side.

3 comments:

  1. Just don't drive through a school zone using your cell phone. The Texas Legislature made that illegal last session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah--I've wondered if SITTING in a school zone, in line waiting for kids, would qualify me for a ticket. TECHNICALLY, I'm IN the zone....HMMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering the other day about someone whose house is in a school zone. If they use their cell phone in their house, they are technically in a school zone. It's a stupid law, but surely the Legislature had the sense to specify the law was limited only to cell phone use in a moving vehicle. Right?

    ReplyDelete