Friday, August 28, 2009

The Essence of Poo

Here's the latest little ditty going around the house:

"Whatcha doing?"
"Eating chocolate."
"Where'd you get it?"
"The doggy dropped it."

SSSSSCCCCCRRRREEEECCCCCHHHH. That's the sound of Mommy TRYING to put a stop to this little bit of nonsense. Since the little rhyming, gross, sing-song joke started sometime mid-summer, I hear it about once every week. And you know that means it is being passed around a lot more than that.

Thankfully, nobody has said it in front of Bishop Sutton, any great-Grandparent, or the headmaster at the Christian school. Let's just say "I'm waiting....."

Doug, on the other hand, has taken this song to heart. Apparently he heard the kids singing this tune and thought "Gee. I could bring LOTS of pure joy to the little people! I know how to drop chocolate. HMMMM. Where best to put it?"

So far, his favorite place has been the new dining room rug that we bought about three weeks ago.

Literally, I turn the corner to the front door and PRAY that the bouquet of poo doesn't hit my nostrils. There's nothing like answering the front door HOPING your neighbors won't inhale the inappropriate efforts of your little banty rooster of a dog.

Now, I do find a little bit of irony in the name of the store from which the new rug was purchased. Maybe I'm just a little sick, enjoy turning a phrase and looking at it from different angles, or just have way too much time on my hands, but I think Doug is Mensa-brilliant to think that he should use the bathroom on the rug that came from...I kid you not...

THE DUMP.

"Whatcha doing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment