Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not Now-ell

In case you wonder about the name of this blog, the mystery is really shallow and pretty boring, but I'll share it with you under the guise:

"Maybe someday you'll be on Who Wants to Be a Millionare and this will be one of the answers and you'll be able to use this information to claim the million dollars, from which I'll ask for my 10% cut". Now you know the REAL motivation....

When I was creating this blog site, there was an ad for something that used the phrase "Not Now". At the time I was being prompted for a blog page title and that seemed just as good as anything else I might come up with, so I tried to claim said title, to no avail (some brilliant person ahead of me had already done so). It occured to me that with an added hypen and the "ell" we'd have our last name and, wha-la, here we are.

In case you are wondering, I also wanted NOT NOW because I seem to use that phrase with astounding frequency. (Before you go and get all uppity on me, listen to see how many times a day you use this phrase, too!)

Most definitely, this answer is something I want to use less rather than more. I don't like putting the kids off until later, but sometimes life demands it ("Not now, Mommy is in the bathroom having a nervous breakdown because you just poured water on the computer keyboard and the only copy of our financial records for the past seven years is on the hard drive.") And, sometimes, Mommy's really need a personal timeout. AMEN?!

So, there you have it, the birth of a blog (just don't tell my youngest or he might break out the anatomically correct language on me.....)

2 comments:

  1. Your need for timeouts might stand regardless, but you can avoid nervous break downs of this sort in the future by putting your budgets and other financial records up on Google Docs. We have more than two years' worth of budgets up there now, and it's easy to collaborate with others.

    Stressing a little less over my data, but still hacked about the $262 car repair from earlier this week,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this transferring the budget off the hard drive of one computer to another via an external hard drive is a little time-consuming and nerve-wracking. I'm thinking your idea is brilliant. Will it do an auto-update every so often?

    ReplyDelete