Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In case you are worried

Between the Nowell and Huber houses, there are plenty of stories to tell and retell that are absolutely side-splitting. If you add in our friends, you have enough ammunition to run a comedy club.

HOWEVER, in case you are visiting for the first time and fall into a catagory above, I don't want you to worry that I'm going to put one of your stories on this blog and finger you as the "fool who _____". Rest easy knowing I will never intentionally try to embarass you and am working under the self-constraint that I will keep names out of the blog, except for mine and Mike's.

HOWEVER*, I do reserve the right to tell stories and leave your name out or change it to protect your 1) identity 2) ego 3) life outside of prison walls.

IF you don't fall under one of the two catagories then I likely won't write about you and you, too, can rest easy.

IF* this blog scares you, don't try to become 1) related to me or 2) my friend.


*I like this word, as you can tell. However, it really is overused. However, it also the perfect little escape hatch when you want to leave that .001% chance that what you're saying is refutable.

**I DON'T like this word, mostly because it reminds me of Bill Clinton's ridiculous argument about the word "is".
http://www.slate.com/id/1000162/

2 comments:

  1. "However" is like "but." Dr. Phil, that paragon of wisdom, says that "but" means "forget everything I just said."

    I guess he doesn't like that word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My point, exactly, regarding HOWEVER. It gets you out of trouble you created in previous points.
    Prime example: Sotomayor--who will be using BUT and HOWEVER in copious amounts once she makes it to THE court.

    ReplyDelete