Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Here goes nothing...

Truly, when you live with 4 boy-men and two male dogs, on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis, you think you've heard/seen/smelled/tasted/touched it all. That is until

1) you put the boys to bed (or timeout--equally as ghastly)

2) someone throws the gauntlet by daring someone else to do/say something completely inappropriate -or-

3) you are woken in the morning, only to have the adventure start all over again.



When I'm talking beginning again at the crack of dawn, you need to think of some whacked version of "Groundhog Day". Yet, unlike Bill Murray, I have little/no control around here.* I may wear the crown, but my kids often confuse it with a jester hat. The kind of day I refer to is knee-deep in "what-the-heck-was-that?", "your brother is WHERE?", (pleading voice) "please tell me you are kidding" stuff that Mother's remember, even when they have Alzheimer's and don't remember your given name. As in, "Sonny boy over there used to pull his pants down in the backyard and water the plants", screamed with ear piercing amplification in the hall of the nursing home. Yes, boys, your day is coming. Probably sooner than I think or you realize.



Were it not for the love of my world, Mike, this all would be nearly impossible and quite possibly unbearable. Please hear me loud and clear: I LOVE my boys. They love life with gusto and lots of bodily noises. They try stuff just to see what will happen (and with no forethought or worry of consequences). They catch lizards and throw them in the pool to see if they can swim (they can't. Even if they "should have been taught" by the last drowned lizard.) In short: they're BOYS. And I'm wild about them.



So, here I am, posting about life in general. I warn you that some days I am going to post some pretty funky, ultra-conservative opinions. Some weeks I'll just vent about the latest issues in my life. Some times I won't post anything. That, to me, is what life is about: never knowing what you'll get, but being glad God put you here anyway.



Enjoy.



*And, while I would dearly LOVE to devour a table full of fattening foods in one sitting, the water-retaining, dimple-inducing side of me KNOWS better.

No comments:

Post a Comment