Friday, April 12, 2013

Shoot!

Yesterday, I accidentally spilled a LARGE glass of water on my computer keyboard.  It took nine hand towels to mop up the mess on and around the computer.  Today, my less than three-months old, Windows8 running, piece of hardware is acting up (surprise!) 

My screen is a shade of pink I've never seen before, somewhere between pepto bismol and light purple.  Just for effect, there are also lines running horizontally across the screen.  If you were lying in bed, looking out the window, in the midst of a terrifically fast falling, very heavy rain, then you would see these same lines.  Except, those rain drops would be GOOD news.

My biggest concerns after the accident were about my computer's contents, specifically pictures I had downloaded from my camera and the budget.  Thankfully, Mike was able to snatch those things off the system before things got any worse.

Secretly, I've hated this computer from the get-go.  I didn't want Windows 8, I wanted a Mac.  I have made no bones about how much I dislike the new Windows format.  And, I think my computer is doing a super job of karmic payback.  I'm getting a bit dizzy and sick looking at this color and light show.

This morning I am thinking about the whole incident.  I've learned a lesson that I shan't forget anytime soon:  Be grateful for what you receive. 

Even if my computer isn't exactly what I desired, it is functional.  It is getting the job done.  It is paid for, free and clear.  And, if I look with really rose-colored glasses on, the screen makes sense.

This is a picture of my larger life, of my daily grumblings about things that are really not that important.  And a wake-up call for gratitude.

Thanks Lord, I do believe I get it.  I just hope my computer survives the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment