Friday, June 15, 2012

Tiny House

If you have spent any quality time talking with me over what my biggest desires in life might be, you would have gotten an earful about having a piece of property in the country. Depending on the day of the week, I might tell you I want a lake house only to oscillate and get all misty-eyed about a large tract of wooded land.

As long as I can remember this has been a dream of mine.  And, as long as I can remember, every time Mike and I have headed out to East Texas, I've kept my eyes open for that "diamond in the rough".

Now, mind you, I don't aspire to live permanently in the country.  I just want to visit there on occasion.  So, that solidly puts my want in the category of "toy" or "luxury".  And, as of this moment,

When I saw this story, I was mesmerized.  I started to tear up.  "This", I thought, "is exactly what I want for my family."

I love the "can do" attitude of this couple.  They aren't sitting around crying foul about losing their house, they are taking control of their future and thumbing their noses at the past.  They've changed everything about how they live, what they do, and how they are raising their kids as the result of what some would call a financial disaster in their lives.  Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!!! 

What do you think?  Would close quarters be the beginning of a new adventure or the beginning of someone turning homicidal?  Would you embrace the concept of growing all your fruits and veggies or wish there was a local store to purchase them in?  What would you do with an excess $3K per month?  Or with the freedom to choose the career that you REALLY wanted to pursue?

There's no right answer here, just a whole lot of food for thought.

Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment