Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Leave Hillary Alone

I am going to do the unthinkable today
1)  I'm going to defend a (gulp) Democrat
2)  I'm going to defend a fellow woman, risking sounding like a (gulp) feminist

Clearly this diet is having some undo effect on my brain.  But, I was more than miffed when I saw the headline that read "Hillary Clinton parties in Colombia" and clicked to find out that GASP Hillary was DANCING and drinking beer out of a bottle.

Lord, have MERCY!  What is this cotton-pickin' world coming to?

Since when can't you travel on business and not cut loose with your fellow co-workers for a few minutes?  I mean, let's give it to Hillary:  She is married to a philanderer.  She has a tough job, one that would cave most big-wig executives in thirty minutes flat.  And, probably most importantly, she isn't the Queen Mum.

I don't expect Hillary to do anything in any particular way.  If she likes her beer out of a bottle, so be it.  If she likes to get funky on the dance floor, great.  She has every right to cut loose every once in a while.  As long as she isn't naked on the tables, I'm cool.

And, when did America's journalists become such fuddy-duddies?  Or was this a really, really, really slow day in journalism?  Truly, if the camera lens had been turned the other way, I'm betting someone on the other side, who was also within spitting distance of the bar serving drinks, probably could have had their picture taken tipping a glass or two as well.

Loosen up, people.  You didn't catch Hillary doing blow, for cripes sake.

Just spit-ballin' it here, but maybe you would have been better off following Bill while Hillary was away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment