Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a Leap Year...

so, I had to go and do something different.  A format change may not seem like much to those of you who are computer savvy and think your site should reflect the current season.  But, you aren't me.  Non-technical me.  Afraid of my computer's shadow, me. 

Yes, changing the format was tantamount to pulling the goalie and seeing if we could score ourselves a new, little Nowell life.  A bit scary at first, but well worth the effort.  And, geez, who doesn't like hockey?! 

So, I goofed around, shook things up a bit, crossed my fingers, and hoped the blog wouldn't come out looking like some contemporary art piece that skinny people dressed in designer clothes stare at for five minutes before pronouncing it good.  Yes, that's the same art I look at and think "A three-year-old could have done THAT!"

Now that it is all done, I'm glad I got up the nerve to shake things up on this Leap Year Day.  I don't think it looks half bad.  Of course, I'm into bland oftentimes, so I'm hoping the lack of blue won't bum some of you out.

In other news, I weigh in today for the first time since Lent started.  It has been a stellar week partnering with the fine engineers at Weight Watchers Online, who left no stone unturned when they created that website.  I could be eating some bizarre Ethiopian dish and I'm 99% confident their search engine wouldn't only find it, but would also record, with crazy accuracy, the exact point count with or without a side of injera.

Of course, check back later in the day, to the right of this post, for the new "Pounds Lost Since Lent Started", which will chronicle with black-and-white accuracy how much effort and restraint I've actually had each week.  In other words, if I totally screw-up and eat a dozen donuts, I'll blow up like a weather balloon and have to throw myself on the mercy of the readership of this here blog.  In case you didn't know it, and wouldn't have signed up for it had I told you, you are my reason for staying on task.  Besides Jesus, you are, that is.  Because Lent really isn't about YOU, in case you didn't get that news flash.

My weight replaces the lovely "Rat Count", which had become starkly boring the last few weeks.  For those of you who care:  ten.  That was the total.  Oh!  And one that I haven't seen in a while, but who knows I mean business and I think is steering really, really clear of me since we made eye contact in the pool house and I screamed like the second coming was eminent and I wasn't wearing a stitch of make-up.

That about covers it on Planet Nowell.  Enjoy the "extra" day and go do something crazy like trying something totally foreign and scary to you.

First person to comment "I licked a public toilet seat because you dared me" (and has proof) gets an Ethiopian lunch on me. 

Then you can find out what that pesky injera is without having to Google it.


No comments:

Post a Comment