Friday, February 24, 2012

Afternoon Project

Start with this declaration in the car, on the way home from school, by The Babe:

"I want to build a city for show and tell".

Get him hooked up with an architectural website to choose his pictures.

Discover he wants this*...






and this*...


and, about an hour later...WAHLAH!  You come up with this**...


You can gripe at me later, those of you who know the REAL layout of New York City, about the poor placement of the lady on the pond.  And be thankful with me that the little guy didn't insist on tiny windows for every building.

Me?  I'm just basking in the glow of knowing I may have a future architect on my hands.

And the fact that I'm partially responsible for tomorrow morning's "Coolest Show and Tell"?  That's just gravy, people.  Just gravy.


*Credit where credit is due:  Philip Colla at www.oceanlight.com.  Great pictures from great cities.

**Picture totally taken by me.  You can tell by the fuzziness and horrible lighting.

2 comments: