Friday, December 23, 2011

One Last Post

I'm wrapping up all the posts I've written for Advent with this one.

Yes, you'll notice I'm chronologically challenged if you figure this post is coming two days BEFORE the end of Advent and it is the last one I'm writing.

Christmas Eve's post came to me without effort. But, this one, somehow stuck out in No Man's Land, on Christmas Eve Eve, is somehow so much harder to produce.

I think I've said it all, in all the ways the message can be conveyed, with all the words I have.

So, I'm going to make it simple. It's time to die to Christ.

It's time to put yourself so far behind His purpose in your life that it seems like it isn't your life anymore.

It's time to realize that others are so much more important than you are. What love you give to them, what forgiveness you extend, what decisions you make to help others will all boomerang back on you in unexpected, joyful, wonderful ways when you put everyone ahead of yourself.

It's time to embrace the idea that the world is a place of sin but you are a light shining on a hilltop for others to see and emulate. You are Christ in a broken world. You ARE all that.

This, and so much more, is the reason He was born on Christmas Day.

And, if you can step outside yourself and truly understand these things, you are in for the ride of your life in 2012.

Why not start the process during this time when we remember the birth of our Lord and Savior, our precious Christ?

Why not embrace your importance today?

Why not see what He has in store for you?

Why. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment