Friday, February 4, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

It turns out that my workout buddy was completely unaffected by my first brush with death on the StairMaster.

When I announced I was basically crippled by the stupid piece of equipment, she looked at me with complete wonder. "I'm sorry", her eyes seemed to communicate, "but you are a weak woman with freakishly taunt muscles. I pity you."

So, I did what any sane woman would do in response: I got back on the beast.

And, not only that, but I challenged my friend to 20 minutes.

One hour later? No evidence I had even been on the StairMaster. Which, by the way, has the initials "S" and "M". Are you following me?

Not even a hint that I'd proven my womanhood once we finished our workout with a mile walk on the treadmill* or sat in the sauna after that.

Two hours later? I'm remarkably NOT sore! In fact, my hind end feels tight, but not "in a vice" bad kind of way. More in a "I might have a fighting chance to stop being compared to Kim Kardashian."**

Three days later? I've been back on that stupid machine, for 20 minutes at a time, twice now. And, I noticed, that I didn't get winded walking up the stairs to the kids' karate studio today.

There is hope! Real hope!

Now, if I can just figure out if there is a "WingMaster" for my upper arms, we'll be in business!


*Don't go hatin' because we weren't running or doing something challenging. The last five minutes on the StairMaster, neither of us could carry on a conversation so we had to have our time to chat. Hence, treadmill walking and the sauna. We have our priorities in the right place.

**The size of our butt is the only comparison people might make between the two of us.

2 comments: