Monday, January 3, 2011

First Great Quote of '11

Our strikingly polite, kind, sweet neighbor boy, who will undoubtedly go far based on a combination of awesome parenting and good schooling, came over this morning.

This is a blessed morning, in my mind. It is that Monday after a long holiday where everyone has their own agenda and they all compliment one another.

The boys wanted to test out the XBox and actually played together without any whining.

Mike and I laid in bed until a blissfully late hour of the day. I actually served breakfast as brunch, at 11am.

The house is relatively clean because we hosted Christmas with my side of the family over New Year's weekend.

About the only thing that could top this morning would be if someone with HGTV would break down my front door and pack all the Christmas stuff back up while I sat in the kitchen redesigning the backyard with some hunk of an architect and his minions.

But, since that didn't happen, the next best thing was the following, ultra-charming, is-it-or-isn't-it-a-compliment comment from our neighborhood friend/visitor:

"I couldn't find anything to do so I decided to come over here."

I think my heart just melted in a puddle on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment