Saturday, December 4, 2010

Caffeinated, ADD-Riddled Status Update

Instead of doing the shopping, cleaning, and cooking that needs to be accomplished in order to throw our annual mission's bash on Saturday, I'm doing the following:

1. Trying to win an XBOX360 Kinect for Christmas. My only competition? The other 3500 people who also want it....

2. Trying to win the Oprah's Favorite Things giveaway. Competition is everyone on planet Earth.

3. Trying to find the time to finish decorating the house for AFTER Christmas, when all the "extras" come down and the house looks all sad and bare.

4. Trying to figure out who I should call to say "It looks like there will be a house on the market, across the street from us, in the next few weeks. I need another good neighbor with kids." Any takers?

5. Trying to figure out if licking the beaters once the cake has been put in the oven constitutes a tea or table spoon*. Rejoicing that I resisted the urge to leave a cup of batter in the bowl and eat it.

6. Trying to figure out why December wasn't made the longest month on the calendar. With just one or two more weekends, everyone could have their party, everyone could attend all the parties to which they were invited, and we could all qualify for The Biggest Loser come 2011.

7. Trying to figure out if procrastination is genetic**.

8. Trying to determine if procrastination is my little way of thumbing my nose at time or if I just do better under pressure or if I'm just way lazy until I am backed into a wall, kicking and screaming.

9. Trying to figure out if brewing two more cups of coffee, sub 10:30am, will be over the top, when added to the two I've already had.

10. Trying to figure out if I've really figured anything out writing this.....


*Before you start preaching about salmonella poisoning from the eggs: I have been doing this since before I was 10 years old. 34 years of experience, IE: not dying after eating raw batter, tells me that there is a statistically valid reason for continuing this practice.

**If so, I'm packing and leaving the house today for a little 15 year vacation overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment